Ag Processing Inc is hiring for a Lab Supervisor to test, analyze, and make recommendations for products at our Sergeant Bluff, IA plant. Responsibilities will include performing lab analyses and reporting results, directing, and monitoring the work of lab technicians, and maintaining the lab’s supply inventory.
- Document findings and communicate results to management.
- Prepare/review weekly quality control reports.
- Check instrument performance, monitor test results and analyst job performance.
- Perform extra tests on an as needed basis, maintain instruments, and ensure calibration.
- Track lab technician hours and complete payroll.
- File and track all product shipments.
- Serve as plant contact for customer complaints and assist in handling of such, to include enforcing discipline as needed.
- Be available “on call” to come in during off hours to perform necessary tasks to insure smooth operation of Lab.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in chemistry or related degree.
- One to two years of laboratory experience.
- General computer skills.
- Experience with / knowledge of chemistry and laboratory testing techniques and procedures.
- Understanding of agricultural product refining and processing; agricultural production and manufacturing industry.
- Experience with supervisory techniques to accomplish training, instruction, and motivation of employees.
- Knowledge of mathematical principles, including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
Ag Processing Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.