Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Plant and Process Engineer
Date: July 2023
Starting Pay Rate Range: $24 – 28/hour
Blasch Precision Ceramics, Inc., produces and markets net shape ceramic and refractory components to a wide variety of industrial markets worldwide. These industries include specialty alloys, non-ferrous metals, chemical/petrochemical processing, power generation, industrial process heating and mining.
The proprietary Blasch Process is a unique, proprietary forming method developed to produce net shape and near net shape ceramic parts exhibiting very attractive physical properties. Many of the products produced by Blasch have complex shapes that could not be produced with other existing ceramic technology. As a result, several patents exist covering Blasch’s unique processes and technology.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintenance and repair on all facilities, machinery and equipment, operation of plant utilities, and the commissioning of new equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Maintenance and Repair
- Maintain and repair all plant facilities.
- Maintain and repair all plant machinery and equipment.
- Preventative maintenance activities as indicated by the preventative maintenance system.
- Purchasing of required emergency and spare parts.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Coordinate and assist subcontractors in maintenance and repair activities.
- Operate and monitor performance of the wastewater filtration system. Maintain as required.
- Operate and monitor performance of the plant tower water systems.
- Build and install new equipment under the direction of engineering.
- Assist in the evaluation and debugging of new equipment.
- Complete work order paperwork.
- Track time on Maintenance Time Report
- All other tasks as assigned by the manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Results driven
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday. All three shifts, 7:00am – 3:30 pm; 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm and 11:00 pm – 7:30 am may be worked. There may be times when more than 40 hours is required and/or days of work may extend into Saturday and Sunday.
No travel is expected for this position
Required Education and Experience
- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment.
- Broad spectrum proficiency in general maintenance skills including machine repair, millwright, pipefitting, welding and electrician.
- 3 years BPC manufacturing experience.
- Proficiency in two of the above preferred general maintenance skills.
Preferred Education and Experience