Materials Coordinator I
Job Title: Materials Coordinator I
Reports to: Operations Manager
Date: November 13, 2023
Wage Range: $55,500 - $65,000
Blasch Precision Ceramics, Inc., produces and markets net shape ceramic and refractory components to a wide variety of industrial markets worldwide. These industries include specialty alloys, non-ferrous metals, chemical/petrochemical processing, power generation, industrial process heating and mining.
The Blasch Process is a unique, proprietary forming method developed to produce net shape and near net shape ceramic parts exhibiting very attractive physical properties. Many of the products produced by Blasch have complex shapes that could not be produced with other existing ceramic technology.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position coordinates the flow of work in process, finished goods and other materials within the shop in support of the operations plan. Materials Coordinator I serves as subject matter expert for the ERP system within operations and as the point person in support of customer inspections. This position is the purchase lead for operating supplies, tools and small equipment, packing materials, and safety supplies in support of operations. When necessary, Materials Coordinator I provides back-up function for Production Data Analyst, and conducts other administrative duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Shop Supervisor in ensuring the accuracy of system WIP and finished goods counts in execution of work orders.
- Coordinate and report on the finished goods inventory cycle count process.
- Track and report on scrap generated in operations.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to improve the accuracy of shop floor work order data and associated quality data.
ERP System in Operations
- Act as subject matter expert within Albany Operations for the ERP system and ancillary software and hardware systems.
- Provide instruction to Leads and Production Operators in ERP operations.
- Develop and document system operating procedures as required.
- Provide technical support in continuous improvement projects to improve and expand utilization of the ERP on the shop floor.
- Coordinate operations personnel and product in conjunction with QA personnel to ensure successful customer inspection visits.
- Work directly with customer inspector on inspection days.
- Execute purchasing buyer functions for non-inventoried materials (raw materials managed by Technology Department) in operations including operating supplies, tools and small equipment, packing materials, and safety supplies by entering purchase orders into the ERP, securing approvals and placing orders.
- Execute purchasing buyer functions for inventoried mechanical components at the direction of the shop supervisor in support of work orders including consumable mold components (e.g. foam cores), metallic parts (e.g. dust collector clamps), and other materials to be sold by entering purchase orders into the ERP, securing approvals and placing orders.
- In coordination with the Operations Manager develop and maintain inventory control systems to drive re-order points for non-inventoried (ERP) components and materials.
Production Data Analysis (Back-up Production Data Analyst)
- Work order entry.
- Work order scrubbing.
- Data table and report maintenance.
All other tasks as assigned by the manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Preferred & Required Skills, Education, & Experience
- Four year degree in a technological field.
- Three or more years of experience in manufacturing.
- Two or more years production experience within Blasch Precision Ceramics.
- Demonstrated ability in the skills required to successfully fill the above duties and responsibilities.
This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smart phones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job.
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. This role also routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, on some instances this job may require work in areas where ear protection is necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The manufacturing plant is open 24 x 7; Sunday – Friday. Typical office hours are Monday through Friday; 8 hours/day, typically 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
This role does not require regular travel.