Outdoor Maintenance & Groundskeeper (full-time)
OUTDOOR MAINTENANCE & GROUNDSKEEPER (full-time)
The Downtown Committee of Syracuse is a downtown management organization whose purpose is to improve downtown's image, strengthen its economic base, increase its attractiveness, and assure that it's clean, safe, and accessible. The primary focus of the outdoor maintenance crew is to keep Downtown Syracuse clean and attractive. The maintenance crew is responsible for litter control, graffiti removal, power washing, lawn moving, weeding, snowplowing, landscaping, and street furniture repair and maintenance.
Reports To: Environmental Maintenance Supervisor
Salary starts at $17/hour. + Competitive Benefit Package
• Ability to operate small equipment, tractors/ bobcat and perform small engine maintenance
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
• Ability to crouch, bend and stoop
• Ability to perform job duties in a variety of outdoor weather conditions
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and retain information
• Ability to use trade tools
• Must be able to use cell phone and other equipment as required
• Requires frequent lifting or carrying of objects up to 50 pounds
• Ability to maintain professionalism and composure
Qualifications and Experience
Responsible, self-motivated individual with a positive outlook who can learn quickly and follow instructions accurately. A valid NYS Driver’s License is required along with a good driving record. Experience driving a truck, van, tractor and utility vehicles to transport equipment, supplies, materials and debris. Must conform to a dress code. High school graduate preferred. Experience in landscaping and mowing preferred.
Position Environment: The position requires extensive work outdoors in an urban and culturally diverse environment.
Send resume and cover letter to Kevin Stanard via email c/o KSherlock@downtownsyracuse.com or by mail to:
Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc. Attention: Kevin Stanard 115 West Fayette Street Syracuse, NY 13202