Production Technician III
MycoWorks Lancaster, SC Full-time Manufacturing / Production / Operations
Posted on November 1, 2023
readySC in cooperation with
Spartanburg Community College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
MycoWorks is coming to Union County! MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we build with customers, partners and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Production Technician III:
We are now building our production in Union, South Carolina and are looking for hardworking, enthusiastic, production-minded individuals to join our team. We create a premium, natural material that compares in quality and performance to the finest animal leathers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing startup company with great benefits!
- Lead by example in following all safety and quality protocols consistent with a biotech manufacturing environment, including all Site PPE requirements
- Produce materials per company standard by following all protocols and procedures
- Operate all production areas self-sufficiently and at the highest skill level
- Operate various types of machinery in a safe manner and report any and all machine abnormalities, repairing when possible
- Troubleshoot machine and work process losses that occur when standard production issues arise, leveraging advanced process/mechanical/electrical system troubleshooting skills
- Utilize formal Root Cause Analysis tools to resolve production issues
- Coach all operators on standards and provide feedback to the shift leader on performance
- Coach operators on all DMSs and lead standards improvement work throughout the facility
- Participate in capability and skill building activities within the plant and identify improvement opportunities with current procedures, escalating them to leadership
- Certifies operators in the production processes
- Executes daily production area “rounds” to ensure operating area meets all Safety/5S/Quality standards and that all machines are operating at their target setpoints
- Participate in clean, inspect, and lubrication (CIL) activities to support line reliability improvements
- Record all production and quality data accurately and in a timely manner
- Serve as a good teammate and be a positive influence and advocate of the Company's values and culture.
- We are a 24/7 manufacturing operation. This role may require overtime in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Technical certificate or AS degree and advanced knowledge of basic mechanical troubleshooting on production equipment or relevant work experience
- Two plus years of work experience in a production environment, with a preference for high volume and/or clean room production experience
- Demonstrated experience coaching and training production staff
- Reliable transportation to ensure consistent attendance on all scheduled days
- Detail-oriented, with a high level of focus on the quality of work
- Demonstrated ability to operate production machinery to standard and use Root Cause Analysis tools
- TPM knowledge is preferred
- Coachable, with the ability to both give and receive constructive feedback
- General computer knowledge and data entry ability
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
MycoWorks offers a competitive benefits package including:
Medical, Vision and Dental plans at no cost to employees
Optional paid coverage for partners and dependents
401K Retirement Plan and Company Stock Options
Paid Time Off and 12 Paid Holidays
Starting wage: $24+
Shift hours: 12-hr shifts in a 2-2-3 schedule where you work alternate working weekends
Computer access available at Spartanburg SC Works office –300 E South St, Union SC 29379
or your nearest SC Works office
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Or your local SC Works office
An Equal Opportunity Employer