Building Managment System Technician
NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
HVAC and mechanical operations and maintenance of heating, ventilating, air conditioning, exhaust, and mechanical systems supporting cleanroom and office operations; preventive maintenance; monitoring and responding to all facility reporting alarms and controls; system balancing; monitors, evaluates, and adjusts mechanical systems performance for proper and efficient operation.
Assist staff and contractors with maintaining DDC/SCADA systems including Siemens, Honeywell, General Electric (IFix), Rockwell/Allen-Bradley, PLCs and other control software interfaces; provide technical guidance and support including set-up, verification, operation, and troubleshooting complex building automation and control systems; provide technical instruction and training to other technicians on basic theory, proper system operations, troubleshooting techniques, typical system failures and corrections; familiar with instrumentation and calibration techniques; provide recommendations on equipment/systems operation and modification for energy conservation, efficiency, and reliability.
- Five (5) years' experience in the installation and implementation of DDC building control systems including programming, commissioning, troubleshooting, facilities operation and maintenance.
- Must possess the technical knowledge to troubleshoot complex building automation systems. Candidate must also have excellent communication skills and a high level of self-confidence with the ability to work independently.
- Possess excellent people skills/customer focus and a commitment to team work, an ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Two (2) years technical certificate or an associate degree in a related technical field.
- Five (5) years' experience in the design, installation and implementation of DDC building control systems including programming, commissioning, troubleshooting, operation and maintenance. Certification in advanced operation of DDC software and components, variable frequency drives (VFD's), etc. EPA Universal Refrigeration Certification.
Don't meet every requirement? At NY CREATES we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work place. If you are excited about working for NY CREATES but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description we encourage you to apply anyways, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY CREATES.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
Salary Range: $55,000- $65,000
*Posted rates are determined upon experience and education
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.