Clean Room Operator Level I - Entry Level
NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
Clean Room Operator Level I duties assigned will include but will not be limited to:
- Operating equipment in various semiconductor process areas such as photolithography, etch, wet cleans, CVD, PVD, CMP, metrology and others. Write and update operating procedures as needed.
- Perform inspection, test, minimal repair, troubleshooting and operation of several process tools or tool clusters of a complex nature.
- May be involved in new tool installation, troubleshooting, and qualification.
- Will provide technical assistance to operations management and resolve tool problems. Must exhibit self-discipline and be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Support peak workload periods, recognize and correct any errors or deficiencies.
- Correct improper operation of equipment and will take corrective action.
- Accountable for individual results and for the impact of the results on the team. Accuracy, quality and productivity are all required.
- Accountable for equipment utilization of assigned equipment.
Other essential functions include:
- Ability to identify functional problems, take corrective action, & interface with supervisors, engineers & vendors to explain problems
- Participate in training/mentoring Process Operators level I, level II and level III staff
- Participate in the scheduling of other staff to ensure smooth operation of the clean room/production line
- Ensure that MPS's, Controlled Environmental Clean Room, and Safety guidelines are followed and understood by Clean Room Operator staff
- Advanced knowledge and operations of SIVIEW applications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift
- Must have the ability to work OT as needed.
- This position is an entry level position which requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Candidate must have good mechanical skills, excellent computer literacy, including Microsoft word and Excel, possess good written communication skills,
- Be well organized with attention to detail,
- Have the ability work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment as well as
- Be available for overtime work.
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
- An Associate's degree in a relevant technical field
- Equivalent educational and professional experience and training associated in a highly technical/engineering environment. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive workplace. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description we encourage you to apply anyway, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates.
- $21/hour starting salary
- 15% shift differential paid for overnight shift
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.